Thursday, March 12, 2009

By the light of the moon and stars

These are my shots from last nights full moon adventure! I was really excited as it was my first time trying to take photo's with the moon as my primary light source. And I was not disappointed it was so much fun! The view from the monument was fantastic and the weather man ensured we had clear skies which was perfect. Thanks to Marci, Rice and Sarah for trekking up the hill with me and being patient with all the photo's!
Well these are my four best shots but as you can see they are not all great and do need alot of work and practice, but I hope you still enjoy taking a look at them :)


I really loved the way that the pathways reflected the light of the moon. You will also notice that the moon's light gives the grass a very different shade of green than you get during the day or if you had used flash. It is a lot more saturated.


Although the Fosters bottle didn't come out as focused as I had hoped for I still like this shot as the background is so sharp and pretty.



I was so fascinated by this shot of the monument building as it doesn't even look real, but it is!
And you can even see the stars!!!!!
We will be doing a full moon excursion as soon as we can. Unfortunatley the next full moon is the 9th April which is during the holidays but we will try for either the 9th May or the 7th June next term :)

No comments:

Post a Comment