Sunday, March 8, 2009

All the Small Things @ Bot

So moving from the sunrise to the other beautiful things that there were in Bot Gardens on Sunday I have got some shots of a gorgeous flower to illustrate how you should think outside of the box and take a different view on life :)
The above shot is of the inside of the flower, taken with macro. Remember that not everything needs to be viewed as a whole. Sometimes things can look even better when you break them in parts and focus on bits like the inside of a flower instead of the whole thing. If you do this you will also fill the entire frame which makes for a shot with better impact.


But please do take a picture of the whole thing as it can make for an interesting picture as well!

The above photo is an example of a different viewpoint and illustrates the idea of back lighting. Basically that means that I put the light source (in this case the sun) behind my subject (the flower) in order to see the veins in the flower.


What is it????? Well if you take a closer look you might be able to tell that it is actually moss that was growing on the side of a tree. I used macro again for this one.



My final picture that I'm sharing with everyone is this one of a piece of palm. I used the backlit technique again to see the veins of the leaf but in this one I included the tear in order to have a focus or something that jumps out at you instead of just having the patterns of the veins of the leaf.
I will be getting some more shots from the members that were there on Sunday and posting them shortly so please feel free to come check them out!




No comments:

Post a Comment