Saturday, May 9, 2009

Kleinemonde Beach Trip

Photosoc hit the beach this weekend with our day trip to Kleinemonde (which is near Port Alfred). Thankfully the weather stayed sunny long enough for us to get some photos before the drizzle came. But as you will see from Razvan's photo (in the next post) the turning weather can be a great focus and change the mood of your photo completely.
One of the things that there is to see at Kleinemonde is the Three Sisters which are three huge rock outcrops that go into the sea. The above photo is of the first sister and if you look carefully you might be able to see the fisherman near the edge.

Inside the second sister years of beachcomers have left their mark.


If you couldn't see the fisherman in the first photo, here he is closer up. I was attempting to get a photo just as the waves crashed against the sister. This is the best shot I could get without either get closer or a better zoom.

Seaweed growing on the rocks can be a focus especially if it has colour on it's side, which is what drew me to take this shot. The green is just so vibrant!


I loved the idea of the stick with its hole and the shadow it created. Might even look better in black and white. Simple and alone.....

Well those are some of the shots I took. Now I know that the rest of you that came with took some wicked shots so please do email them to me so I can put them on the blog for everyone to see! Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment