Monday, April 20, 2009

Not the usual....


Dr Dandala addresses the press at the COPE headquaters in downtown East London. Picture by: TARRYN LIDDELL 16.04.09

Well as you can probably tell from the first photo in this post my holiday was not spent in the usual manner. You see I traded one week of my Easter holiday in for a week's vac work at the Daily Dispatch in East London.
Now to be truthful I was rather nervous to work at the Daily Dispatch as it was my first time working for a proper media institution and I had no clue what to expect! Luckily the people at the Dispatch are amazing and showed great patience in dealing with my annoying habits of talking too much and asking far too many questions.
Being at the Dispatch for the week leading up to the elections was ideal as I got to attend both a COPE and an ANC rally. So I have to say thanks to all the staff at the Daily Dispatch but especially a big thanks to all the photographers and the politics desk for letting me tag along! You guys are awesome!!!



Dr Dandala addresses a crowd of COPE supporters near Second Creek.

The rally was held at the Victoria Grounds in King Williams Town and drew a crowd of 5000 COPE supporters.

Ex Eastern Cape Premier Nosimo Balindlela and friend at the Victoria Grounds.







No comments:

Post a Comment